Translate

Monday 15 February 2016

A Journey To Anywhere: An In Depth Look/Album Update (Feb)

                                        Artwork created by 3dtorus





Whats the project about?

A Journey To Anywhere is in essence just that, a trip to the unknown. There is no structure to the project as a whole and no narrative here like I have conveyed in past projects. Instead this series of mini EPs will be comprised of material that either didn't make the cut of previous projects or tracks that I worked on but don't fit the overall sound or vibe of my next project "Growing From The Concrete". The series of EPs will then be collected into an entire albums worth of material later this year with some bonus tracks as well. I want to thank 3dtorus for making this possible. 

Approach to the project

For these new tracks like in part 1 they will mainly be synth based as ive been experimenting more with that lately just to keep things different and refreshing. Of course since im known for more of a sample based approach I may put some tracks in there that are mainly sampled based but my main thing for this is to showcase a different style while still keeping the L.D.C.N approach to production. I think the overall synth based approach for me has just grown from making my own tracks without samples in general, alot of people on twitter who follow me make their own synths or experiment a ton and its just been a challenge I want to set myself and see where it goes. 


Since most of the tracks here are experiments and also full tracks that wont be on my next project they wont really have a cohesive element like my previous work has. They will be ordered somewhat decently when it comes to them being put into a the full volume collection later this year to highlight the changes. But for now we shall see as they are just being developed as separate EPs. 

Update/Plans for the year

Overall for this year I want to finish off "Growing From The Concrete" and of course finish this project. Im not sure on dates for either yet so just watch this space ive had a lot of work come up lately and its hard to get to work on music but im devoting some time for it soon and shall be working hard during the time I do get. Expect the album out this summer and maybe this series finished during the winter months (December for example). But that may change. When the albums finished im planning to spend summer hopefully getting interviews/reviews and generally promoting the project as ill have a ton of free time as University will be done for a while and that takes up 90 percent of my time it seems. 

Thats just a brief overview anyway but look out for "Growing From The Concrete" this summer and another part of "A journey to Anywhere" soon.


L.D.C.N Links: 

Soundcloud

Bandcamp

Twitter

Youtube 

Facebook Page


Mobuis Spin links: 

Bandcamp

Twitter 

website

Soundcloud

Hear Part 1 of "A Journey To Anywhere" below: 


No comments:

Post a Comment